3/2 - Tickets for the Georgia All-Star Swimming Banquet are now on sale.
On-line ticketing is brought to you by Friends Unlimited SWIMshop.
Location: Marriott Gwinnett Place 1775 Pleasant Hill Rd, Duluth, GA 30096
Date: April 6th, 2014
Time: Doors open at 2:00PM Banquet 2:30-5:00PM
Speaker: Brad Snyder, a double Gold Medal and Silver Medal winner at the 2012 Paralympic Games in London.
Cost: Tickets are $35 per person.
On-line Ticket Purchase
3/1 - The Georgia Zone Team Coaching Staff was announced this week. Nine coaches will work the meet July 29-Aug 3 in San Antonio. They are listed below. On-line application for the 15-18 slots (7 of each) is now open. Selection will be based on best short course times from this season. Application is open until April 15 and the team will be announced April 20. Those selected will have to submit a $100 deposit by May 1.
Zone Team Coaching Staff: Team Manager - David Weeks, CBF; Head Coach- Gene Paliskis, TWS; Jason Swaim, SMAC; Mary Buzeta, SA; Kim Fundora, WGSC; Nick Graves, DYNA; Alexis Myers, DCS; Mike Wardwell, GOLD; David Mail, RAYS; Mike Radford, ABSC; Fred Lamback, ASL/Blaze
SR Zone Team Application
2/14 - SwimAtlanta won the Age Group State Champs held this weekend at Ga Tech. They finished about 1000 points ahead of 2nd place Dynamo, followed by Chattahoochee Gold. Marietta Marlins won the medium team division and Carpet Capital the small teams. Six state records fell. Donna Blaum broke her own 100 fly record and Dynamo (4) and GOLD (1) combined to break all the relay records in the 13-14 girls age group. Individual high point winners by Gender and ascending ages were Rye Ulett, Tristen Ulett, Addie Rose Bullock, Lainie Bell, Jaclyn Hill, Beau Bengston, Antony Demott, Shwan Ahn, Brady Fields, and Jeffrey Durmer.
Results | Team Scores
12/15 - Dynamo won its fourth straight Junior Nationals this weekend in Greensboro, NC.
12/8 - Dynamo Swim Club won the Georgia Senior State Champs this weekend at Georgia Tech. They were followed in the large team division by Swim Atlanta and Stingrays. Marietta Marlins won the medium team division while Lanner Aquatics won the small teams. Lauren Case of GOLD and Alex Taylor of SA were the high point winners.
Here is the list of All-Stars for the 2013 SC and LC seasons. The deadline for orders is November 15, 2013.
- Download the attached Excel Spreadsheet and save to your computer as a Micros oft 2003 Excel workbook. Please use this form only. It is formatted to go with the files used to compile the towel list. If you do not have Excel, please find someone on your team that does.
- Open the Excel Spreadsheet. The eligible swimmers are arranged by club and alphabetically. Check the UN names to see if any belong to your club and if so, copy and insert the line with your club names. Delete all other clubs and save.
- In the “Standard” column, put in the achievement your swimmers wants on the towel, Juniors, Nationals, World Trials, US Open, Scholastic All-American, Zone Team. NOTE: The swimmer had to attend the meet to receive the accomplishment, not simply make the standard.
- If a swimmer does not want a towel, type in "NO Towel" in the Standard column. If a swimmer is no longer with your club, type in “transferred to--------." Do not delete any names.
- In the “Preferred First” column, type in any preferred first names your swimmers want on the towel.
- If your club operates out of multiple locations, fill in the “Location” for each swimmer.
- Em ail your file to Gary at: Giessen@mindspring.com by November 15th. Gary will compile your order and send you a confirmation list to approve along with the amount owed. Please respond to the confirmation as soon as possible. The order needs to go to the vendor in early December to insure there are enough towels for processing.
- Once you have confirmed the order, you will need to send a team check payable to GA Swimming to the Treasurer.
9/29 - The Georgia Swimming assembly adopted the FY 2014 budget, passed new time standards for the short course and long course state champs and finalized the 2014 long course meet schedule at their fall meeting yesterday in Atlanta.
The budget projects continued growth after a solid year in 2013. Cuts for both the short course and long course meets were updated for the 11-14 year-old age groups. The new standards for short course can be viewed using the link below. An updated hy-tek file is available as well. Cuts for the long course meets will be added this week.
The long course schedule will also be posted soon. The age group meet will be July 16-19 at Ga Tech hosted by Gwinnett Aquatics. The Sr meet will be July 25-27 at UGA hosted by ABCS.
In addition Stu Hixon was voted in to fill the vacancy of General Chair. He will now appoint a new vice-chair and treasurer.
2014 LC Meet Schedule | BOD Minutes | HOD Minutes
2014 Budget | Short Course State Time Standards | Hy-tek file